Saturday, March 8, 2014

Birchbox February 2014 Review - Replacement box

My February box was messed up during shipping. I reached out to Birchbox and they sent me a replacement box with different products to make up for it.



The first look. As you can see, they included the oil again, but this time it didn't leak! It is the only repeat sample in the box, too!


Harney & Sons Wrapped Tea Sachets  - $1.00 (2 sachets)

I really don't like tea, not this kind. I like a nice glass of southern-style sweat iced tea (only the kind my mom makes) and water, that's all I drink. So I will be passing these on to my great grandmother.


Joan Vass L'eau de Cristal - $5?? (sample)
OPI Sheer Tints Color-Tinted Top Coat - $2.25 (sample)

There was no size on this tube of perfume, so I a completely guessing on it. It costs $75 for a 1.7 oz bottle. So I guesstimated this sample to be around .1 to .12 of an ounce.
I have never seen tinted top coat like this. I haven't used it yet (I am still rocking my lace manicure!)


Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - $2.00 (sample)
Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner - $11.25 (deluxe sample)

Birchbox doesn't sell this pore refiner on it's own but instead includes it in their camera ready kit. Other sites do sell this on its own though. It really does minimize the appearance of pores and lasts all day! There is a reason they have been selling it for 6 years!
 

The bottom line -

This replacement box had a value of around $20, which is pretty close to the value of the original box. But this box comes with something I am SO excited about, the pore refiner!

No comments:

Post a Comment