Monday, February 10, 2014

Beauty Box 5 February 2014 Review

I had really high hopes for this month's box. Not only is it Valentine's day, but this marks the second year of Beauty Box 5. Before I go further, let's see what was in their birthday box.



The first look.

The cost: $12.00 (plus tax for Texas residence)


John Frieda Luxurious Volume Conditioner - $1.00 (2 samples)
John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo - $1.00 (2 samples)

I was hoping to get travel bottles and not foil packets, but at least they send two of each. They also sent 2 $2.00 off coupons as well. The bottles are usually $6.99, so you can get both for $10.00, not bad.


LA Fresh Antibacterial Wipes - $4.00 (sample - 8 wipes)
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara - $8.00 (deluxe size)

I got this box in the mail just as my family and I were leaving town for the day. These wipes came in handy when my little girl was covered in M&Ms in the car!
I already received this mascara in my Ipsy bag (Semptember maybe), so I will be tossing this into the gift box or perhaps try to swap it.


Rockstar Nails Polish and Sprinkles  - $3.75

These are sold in a set of 8 (4 polishes and 4 sprinkles) for $15, so while these two bottles are full sized, you don't get the entire kit. I don't really do purple but I did put it on one had so you could see it in full effect.



The bottom line:

I paid $12.99 for this box and received just under $18.00 worth of products. I was hoping for a little bit of a higher value, but it is more than I paid, so I can't complain too much. Unfortunately, I am not sure how much use I will get out of this box. Hopefully I can swap some of it for something I like a little more. But regardless, I can't wait to see what March has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment