Thursday, January 23, 2014

Birchbox January 2014 Review

This post is a little late. The school semester has started and my professors are not shy about piling on the work, so I have been about forehead deep in the lymphatic and digestive systems, fun stuff!! But you are not here to listen to my college problems, so let's get to it

Birchbox was one of the first beauty subscription boxes and is one of the least expensive!


The first look

The cost: $10 a month


Each month they include a card with a little information on the products in your box.


INIKA Mineral Eyeshadow in Eternal Marine - $20.00 (full size)
Burt’s Bees® Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage - $2.00 (25 oz.)

I really like mineral eyeshadow and I can never get enough! I am not a big Burt's Bees fan so I was not too enthusiastic about this little lotion container.


Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Crème - $8.00 (1.6 oz.)
Juicy Couture Couture La La 3.4oz - $1.25 (.05 oz.)

When it comes to my hair, I have become pretty picky about what I put in it. But I really like this gloss creme. The perfume is a little too strong for me but it does smell nice


Nail Rock Nail Polish in Velvet Navy  - $7.00 (full size)

I am not sure what to think of this one. I was really hoping to get a glitter one, but I didn't. Instead, I got one that you dip your finger into velvet to apply to your nail. I have yet to give it a try, but when I do, I just might have to update this post or write a new post for it!


The bottom line:
I paid $10 for this box and received around $38.00 worth of products. This month include TWO full size products! I hope this is a sign of things to come! I would LOVE to see more full sized items in my Birchbox each month. I will use 3, possible 4 (perfume) of the 5 samples too! This box is mile ahead of my November 2013 box!

No comments:

Post a Comment