Thursday, January 23, 2014

Beauty Box 5 January 2014 Review

Beauty Box 5 is a monthly beauty subscription service. Each month they send out 5-6 beauty products.


The first look


 Each month, a card is included to describe each of the items included


Swissco Bath & Shower Exfoliating Gloves - $4.00 (full size)
That Awkward Moment Mirror Compact - ?? Bonus Item

I do not really like to wear gloves when it is freezing outside, so I just know I would HATE wearing them in the shower! To the gifting box! I was unable to find a price on this little compact but I was pretty pleased to see it! I recently broke the mirror compact in my purse and lost my back-up so BB5's timing was great with this! Here is the YouTube trailer for the movie That Awkward Moment


Nubar Cuticle and Nail Oil in Grape Fruit - $5.00
Epic Blend Hemp Coconut Lip Balm - $3.50 (full size)

I was pretty excited about cuticle oil! It still smells pretty bad though.
I love coconut which is surprising since I hated so much as a kid. I wish the lip balm would stay on longer, but that have more to do with me and less to do with the product!


Sea Lotus Body Wash - $1.50
Jergens Daily Moisturizer - $.33

I haven't tried this body wash yet, but I hear it is pretty good, so I will have to try it soon!
I like this moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and it works pretty well!


The bottom line:

I paid $12.99 for this box and received $14.33 worth of products (not including the mirror). I prefer for my boxes to be double or close to double what I pay for, and that is typically the case, but unfortunately, not this month. But the value isn't the only thing I look at. Out of the 6 items, I will use 5 of them, which scores this box major points! I also look at how many full sized products they include, and this month we get 3 (if you count the mirror) which is pretty good. So, while the value is pretty low, I am still happy with this month and excited to see what is in store for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment