Monday, December 23, 2013

The Happy Trunk December 2013 Review

The Happy Trunk is a monthly subscription service for kids. They send you a box with craft projects for children in one of two age groups 3-7 and 7-11. I ordered a 3 month subscription for the 3-7 age group for my 4-year-old daughter.

The cost: $19.95 per month
I only paid $24.00 for my 3 month subscription on black friday, which means each of my 3 boxes are only $8 each.



The first look.



Make your dream catcher

My little girl loved making this. It hangs next to her bed by the window and she loves it!


Make a mini tomtom drum

Unfortunately, our box was missing the lace needed for this project so we haven't done it yet.


Coil Pots

This project needed paint pots, which we didn't received and it also confused me a bit. However, the Happy Trunk clarified some things for me.



The bottom line:

I didn't put a value on any of the items or the projects. I definitely don't think I could have purchased all of this stuff for $8. The best part about this box was the look on my little girls face. She checks our mail, while I stand at the door and watch. Every time one of my boxes come in, she sends me into the house and "surprises" me with it. Then she hounds me until I open it (or all of them if I get more than one). She gets so excited even though she knows its all stuff for mommy, its adorable. This time she noticed the box was addressed to her and she FLIPPED OUT when I told her it was a box just for her! Of course, we had to open it immediately. So, even if the items in the box weren't worth the price I paid, the look on her face and the smile she had for hours afterwards is worth more than any amount of money I could have paid!

I also wanted to point out, that I email The Happy Trunk about the missing lace and the confusion I had over the paint pots, and they were quick to respond and incredibly helpful. They are sending us the lace we were missing plus an additional project to make up for the mishap. Carissa will love getting another box with her name on it (she has no clue I signed up for 3 months!)

No comments:

Post a Comment